Samsung has launched a course for its comeback in the mid-range device segment with the Galaxy A-series. Introducing this new lineup has had the flagship features trickle down the price ladder. The Galaxy A30 is one of Samsung’s latest attempt at offering a premium device at less than half the cost of the latest flagship phone, with features including high battery capacity, dual rear cameras, and a large Super AMOLED display.
- 6.4 inches
- Super AMOLED
- No IPS Rating
- 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Front and Rear Cameras
- Front Camera – ( 16 MP, f/2.0 )
- Rear – Triple Camera Setup
- 15 MP, f/1.7, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)
- Flash Light: Yes with Quad-flash
- Video Recording
- ROM 32/64 GB
- RAM 3/4 GB
- MicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Exynos 7904 (14 nm)
- Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Mali-G71 MP2
Read More: Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications, Review, and Price.
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GPS Navigation
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- FM Radio
- Earphone 3.5 Jack
Sensors & Tools
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted)
In the Box
- Cell Phone (with built-in battery)
- Fast charger
- Type-C Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Eject Tool
- TPU Protective case
- TP protective film already on the phone
Summary of the A30
The phone operates Samsung’s One UI based on Android Pie OS which has useful features like always-on display mode and ‘Face Widgets’. The phone is powered by the Exynos 7904 processor paired with 3/4GB of RAM. The Galaxy A30 also comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which works like similar ones.
The dual rear cameras help the Galaxy A30 capture crisp photos with optimal edge details and decent dynamic range. However, the camera struggles to reproduce true colors under harsh daylight and there is also some softening at the periphery. The Galaxy A30 has a 4,000mAh battery, which can mostly last the whole day on average usage, while the bundled Fast battery charging 15W adapter which takes the battery from 0-100 in less than two hours.
My overall experience after using the phone is better. The camera doesn’t really perform up to the A50 and A70 in lowlight situations and daylight but generally better with the range of specifications it comes with.
The market price for the Samsung Galaxy A30 in most online and retail shops is Ghc 1,199 for the 4GB ram and 64GB memory.