It’s useful to know how to download videos from Facebook. There are a lot of videos and funny content shared there, but it’s not in the social network’s interests to let you download video to watch elsewhere. If you want to share that video, you can copy the link and send it to a friend, or DM it to them through the app. You can save the video, but that doesn’t actually save the video to your phone. This How-To guide will help you with the steps to get it done.
How to download video from Facebook on PC?
You can download video from Facebook to your computer online while it is running. Just make sure the browser extension “SaveFrom.Net Helper!” is installed.
When you are watching a video and you want to save it, you need to move the mouse above it, and a green button will appear. When you see it, click on the arrow, and wait. In 2 seconds the extension will search for available formats and quality options from which you will choose.
The same method works when you are scrolling down the wall.
You can also copy the video link and
1. Copy the video URL
Copy the video URL from the browser’s address bar to the clipboard, or right-click on the video and choose it from the contextual menu. Then “Copy the URL”.
2. Paste the URL into the input field on SaveFrom.Net
Go back to the browser tab, having SaveFrom.net Facebook video downloader window already opened, and paste the link into the input field. The Facebook video saving process usually runs automatically, if not, press the search button.
3. Choose the desired quality and click on the download button
Before using our Facebook video downloader app, you can choose from available quality and format options. Just click on the drop-down list before clicking on the download button, and select the preferred one from the list.
Save a Facebook video to your iPhone or Android device
You can’t download a video to your phone using the ordinary Facebook app, but there are a number of third-party apps which make it possible to save video directly to your phone’s Camera Roll. One app that works particularly well for both Android and iPhone users is called Friendly for Facebook.
1. Install Friendly for Facebook.
2. Start the app and tap Add Account.
3. If the app asks which service you want to connect to, tap Facebook.
4. Log into Facebook using your usual Facebook credentials.
5. Once you’re logged in, you can use Friendly instead of the official Facebook app — for the most part, it will look and act the same as the app you are used to.
6. When you see a video you want to save, tap the cloud-shaped download button in the lower right corner to save it to your phone’s photo and video library. (For some videos, you may need to start playing the video to see the download button.)
How to Save an Instagram video or Photo
There are many apps and tools you can use to download Instagram videos. But for the purpose of this guide, we’ll show you how to save a video using the free app Instake.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Instake app.
- Press the Instagram icon button at the bottom-center of the screen.
- Log in with your Instagram account information.
- Navigate to the video you wish to save within the Instagram app.
- Press the three horizontal dots at the top of the post.
- Select Copy Link.
- Open the Instake app again and press the red arrow at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Press Repost.
- Either repost the video to your Stories or Feed or simply press the X to exit out of reposting.