If you find yourself writing many but similar emails always, then Gmail gives you an easier option. By creating and saving email templates in your Gmail, you can insert them the next time you compose a message and save yourself some time.
You can store up to 50 templates at a time, so it’s easy to create different templates for different situations. Here’s the how-To.
CREATE AN EMAIL TEMPLATE:
- Click on the cog icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “See all settings.”
- Open the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down to “Templates” and select “Enable.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the menu.
- This will take you back to your inbox. Click the “Compose” button.
- Now, start drafting your template. When you’re ready to save it, click on the three dots toward the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
- Select “Template” from the options.
- Click “Save draft as template.”
- Click “Save as new template.”
- Type in a name for your template in the window that pops up. That name will appear as the subject line in your email. Click “Save.”
If you want to make changes to a template, you have to overwrite it. Write a corrected email, and then after clicking “Save draft as template,” click the name of the template you’d like to change under “Overwrite Template.”
Click “Save” in the pop-up window.
- To delete a template, click on “Delete template” under the “Templates” options. Click “Delete” in the pop-up window.
Read More: How To Play Wordle.
HOW TO USE A SAVED TEMPLATE
- Click “Compose” to start a new message.
- Select the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Open “Templates.”
- Choose the template.
- That template will now appear as your new message, and you can edit it before sending.
- Click “Send” when you’re ready!
Check the box next to “Send template.” Click “Choose template” and select the template you want to use from the drop-down menu.
The email templates in Gmail is just a simple solution to the everyday stress of typing the samething over and over again.